This webpage is my list of upcoming public appearances. Updates with information on new appearances are added to this page as events are confirmed.
I hope to see you soon!
No listings yet for this month.
August 7-9, 2015 – Fergus Games (Ontario)
Note that I won’t be participating in the annual Fergus Games this year. I simply can’t do two consecutive weekends of travel, and Calgary got first dibs because of my having to disappoint them at the last minute last summer, owing to the Outlander TV show’s premiere activities which I had to attend. I likely will be at Fergus next year, though. Thanks!
August 14-16, 2015 – CALGARY (CANADA)
Talk and Signing
When Words Collide Literary Festival
Delta Calgary South Hotel
135 Southland Drive SE,
Calgary, Alberta T2J 5X5, Canada
When Words Collide is a festival for readers, writers, artists and publishers of commercial and literary fiction, including genre, young adult, children’s books, and poetry.
As of April 8, 2015, over 70 percent of the memberships to the conference have been sold. Memberships cost from $50 to $60 for adults, and $20 for children. Be sure to purchase your membership and make your hotel reservations as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
Please consult the event website for hotel information, membership purchases, and the event schedule when it becomes available.
Sunday, August 30, 2015 – PORTLAND, OR
Talk by Diana, Q&A session, and Book Signing
to Benefit Portland’s Clay Street Table.
An optional dinner with Diana is sold out.
Tickets are required. See details below.
3:30 p.m. – Doors open for dinner tickets
4:00 p.m. – Buffet Dinner with Diana begins
5:30 p.m. – Doors open – Main Event, Auction
6:45 p.m. – Main event begins
Note: Click on the flyer thumbnail at right to view a larger version. To download the file to a Windows PC, click on the flyer with your <right-mouse> button and choose the option to save the file to disk. If you use a Mac, press and hold the <ctrl> key and click on the image. Scroll down and choose the option to save the image file.
Outlandia – a Northwest Outlander Fan Group
Portland Center Stage (Capacity: 590 persons)
Gerding Theater at the Armory
"An Evening With Diana Gabaldon" is an event that will benefit the Clay Street Table in Portland, Oregon. The main event begins at 6:45 p.m. and includes:
- A 20-minute performance by Highland Dancers
- A 10-minute presentation by the Rev. Dr. Paul Davis, Director of the Clay Street Table.
- A 45-minute "Q&A" session with Diana Gabaldon. Diana will choose from questions submitted to her in advance by the organizers.
- A book signing for all attendees will be held after Diana’s talk, which includes signing one book per person and a photo opportunity with Diana, if you wish. Please bring only ONE book for signing.
- A silent auction of Outlander-related items will be held. Attendees may bid on items from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m., before taking their seats.
Two ticketing options are available:
- The main event, including a Q&A with Diana and book signing, is $55 per person for general admission seats. To purchase these general admission tickets (without the dinner option), click here to buy on Eventbrite.com.
- A second option includes a dinner with Diana, plus entry to the main event, and is $100 per person. (Sorry but the dinner option is sold out.)
Note that you cannot purchase tickets to this event from the venue,’s box office the Portland Center Stage box office.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or the event, contact Lorey Christiansen by email at LCHRIS_US@yahoo.com
About The Clay Street Table
This event will benefit the Clay Street Table in Portland, Oregon, which provides a meals program and food pantry. The program is a major source of food for those experiencing poverty and homelessness in a neighborhood of southwest downtown Portland.
For More Information
- For more information about this event, contact Lorey Christiansen by email at LCHRIS_US@yahoo.com..
- Click to visit Outlandia’s Facebook page for this event. Note that you may need your own Facebook account to access the page.
- For more information about the Clay Street Table, see their website at http://claystreettable.org/. The program needs volunteersaccepts donations directly. Please help Portland-area residents in need!
Saturday, September 26 – ANNAPOLIS, MD
Reading, Moderated Q&A, and Book Signing at the Maryland Renaissance Festival
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Purchased tickets to the Festival are required for this event.
An additional free ticket will be required for Diana’s reading event in the BlackFriar’s Theatre, to be distributed by e-mail lottery. (See below.)
Diana will make a special appearance at the Maryland Renaissance Festival on Saturday, September 26 at 11:30 a.m. at the Blackfriar’s Theatre, which includes a short reading and a moderated Questions & Answers session. Following the thirty-minute presentation, Diana will sign copies of her books.
There is no additional charge to hear Diana speak, which will be included in your general Festival ticket.
However, entrance to the festival does not guarantee patrons will have a seat to see Diana at the Blackfriar’s Theatre. Due to expected high demand, the Fair will conduct an email lottery system to distribute the limited number of tickets for Diana’s book signing. Details will be posted on the Maryland Renaissance Fair’s website and here as they become available.
For more information on the Maryland Renaissance Fair:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mdrenfest
Sunday, September 27 – FAIRFAX, VA
Mason Award Presentation to Diana Gabaldon
6:30 p.m.: Mason Award Ceremony (Includes a reading by Diana)
Free tickets are required. (See below)
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for the Award Ceremony.
Book sales and signing to follow the Award Ceremony in the Center for the Arts Lobby.
Event and Host:
Fall For The Book Festival
George Mason University
Center for the Arts
George Mason University
4373 Mason Pond Dr.
Building 7 on the GMU Map.
The Mason Award ceremony is free and open to the public. Seating is general admission. (The venue has a capacity of 1,935 persons.) Tickets are required and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the event, and will be distributed at the venue starting at 5 p.m. No one will be permitted to line up before 4 p.m. on the day of the event.
Also, up to 400 tickets to the Mason Award Ceremony will be distributed to attendees of the reading by Davina Porter at 3:30 p.m. (See below.) Ms. Porter is the acclaimed narrator for the OUTLANDER audiobooks.
Book Signing Information:
Books will be sold in the lobby before and after the Mason Award presentation. Diana will sign books immediately after the event in the Center for the Arts Lobby.
Because a full house is expected, the signing will be open only to those attending the Mason Award presentation, and will be limited to one book per person.
Event staff will be available to take your photo with Diana as she signs your book, but to keep the line moving, there will be no posed photographs.
Free parking is available in GMU Lot K. Paid event parking is available in the Mason Pond Visitor Parking deck, next door to the Center for the Arts. Click for GMU Map.
Davina Porter Reading:
Sunday, September 27th
Begins at 3:30pm
Venue for Davina’s Reading:
George Mason University
Building 26 on the GMU Map:
A preview event to the Mason Award Ceremony features a reading by Davina Porter, the narrator for the OUTLANDER audiobooks.
Davina’s reading is free and open to the public. Seating is general admission, first-come, first-served.
To ensure attendees have the opportunity to see and hear Davina without forfeiting a spot in line for the Mason Award Ceremony, up to 400 tickets for the main event will be held and distributed to attendees of Davina’s reading.
Fall for the Book 2015:
Diana Gabaldon will receive the 2015 Mason Award on the Fall for the Book Festival’s opening night at George Mason University’s Fairfax, VA, campus.
The Mason Award, sponsored by the Fairfax Library Foundation, celebrates authors who have made an extraordinary contribution in connecting literature to the wide reading public; the award ceremony kicks off a full week of events at the Fall for the Book Festival, which welcomes more than 150 authors to free, public events at George Mason University and at locations throughout Virginia, D.C., and Maryland. The bestselling headline authors for this festival are Diana, Tim O’Brien, and Ernest J. Gaines.
Note that a VIP reception with Diana held for Friends of Fall for the Book, to be held prior to the award ceremony, is sold out.
For more information about the Fall for the Book Festival, please check out the event website at http://fallforthebook.org or contact the festival with questions:
Phone: (703) 993-3986
Additional appearances by Diana for 2015 will be listed here as soon as they are arranged and confirmed. Thanks!
General Information – Appearances
Please keep the following in mind:
- PLEASE CHECK WITH THE HOSTING ORGANIZATION OR SPONSOR of an appearance or event OFTEN for the latest information, ticketing, venue changes, policies and updates! This list is provided as a convenience and my webmistress works hard to keep it current, but it may not always be perfectly up-to-date.
- If you have questions about an appearance or need more details, please contact the host organization or sponsor listed, not myself or my staff. The hosts or sponsors do the event planning and have all the answers. Thanks!
- Tickets may be free or require a fee which goes to the hosting organization or sponsor. Note that tickets for larger events may sell out very quickly once they become available.
- I am always happy to sign and personalize your books at signing events. However, note that some events and venues may require a book purchase or have a limit on how many books you can bring from home for signing. Please check with the event host or sponsor.
Photo caption, top-right photo: Diana signing a book for a reader at Lady Chamberlain’s Bookshop during the 2012 Arizona Renaissance Festival. Photo by the Webmistress. More photos from this festival.
This page was last updated on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 2:37 a.m. (PDT) by Diana’s Webmistress.
Please notify Diana’s webmistress, of any new information, omissions or errors about Diana’s appearances on this page. Thanks!