This webpage is my list of upcoming public appearances. Updates with information on new appearances are added to this page as events are confirmed.
I hope to see you soon!
Wednesday, June 3 – PORTSMOUTH, NH
Writers on a New England Stage program, featuring Diana Gabaldon.
Presentation by Diana, interview, and signing.
Event begins at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are required. (See below.)
(Correction from Webmistress: earlier this date was listed incorrectly as June 13. Thanks to “Wayne” for pointing out the error!)
The Music Hall
28 Chestnut St
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Directions and Parking Map
This literary evening features a talk and presentation by Diana, followed by an onstage interview with Virginia Prescott, the host of New Hampshire Public Radio’s Word of Mouth program. Live music will be performed by the award-winning house band Dreadnaught. A book signing will follow the presentation and interview. Shows for this venue are rebroadcast on New Hampshire Public Radio. The companion bookstore for the event is the RiverRun in Portsmouth.
Tickets for the event are $13.25 (or $11.25 for members of the Music Hall). TICKETS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE. Please go to the Music Hall box office in person, or call the Box Office at (603) 436-2400, Monday through Saturday from Noon to 6 p.m. (EDT). The venue and event capacity is 900 people, and is expected to sell out quickly, so please obtain your tickets as soon as possible. The website says further that Music Hall members will "get the best seats."
Also, the event website states that for each 1-2 tickets sold, the purchase of a book voucher ($18 paperback) is required. Vouchers can be redeemed on the event night for signed copies of the book. WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD is featured on the event website.
June 3 Book Signing Details
The Music Hall event organizers have provided this additional information about the book signing:
- The event’s book signing is open to all attendees. You will get to briefly meet and greet Diana as she signs your book(s).
- Personalizations of books by Diana are okay (such as "To Jill") but longer, specific inscriptions will not be allowed. This is due to the fact that there will be a large crowd at the event.
- It is okay to ask Diana to autograph all copies that an attendee brings (within reason!). Signing MOBY or books from Diana’s backlist is fine, though attendees with many backlist titles may be asked to wait until the end of the line.
- Quick photos with are fine, when she gets to you in the signing line.
Note from Diana’s Webmistress: Please keep in mind that about 900 people will be attending this event. That means that Diana will be signing at least 900 books if each attendee brings just one book for signing. So the signing line will take at least several hours.
The event website says that tickets went on sale on March 7. Note that Diana’s Webmistress did not receive approval to post this event until April 3.
No listings yet for this month.
August 7-9, 2015 – Fergus Games (Ontario)
Note that I won’t be participating in the annual Fergus Games this year. I simply can’t do two consecutive weekends of travel, and Calgary got first dibs because of my having to disappoint them at the last minute last summer, owing to the Outlander TV show’s premiere activities which I had to attend. I likely will be at Fergus next year, though. Thanks!
August 14-16, 2015 – CALGARY (CANADA)
Talk and Signing
When Words Collide Literary Festival
Delta Calgary South Hotel
135 Southland Drive SE,
Calgary, Alberta T2J 5X5, Canada
When Words Collide is a festival for readers, writers, artists and publishers of commercial and literary fiction, including genre, young adult, children’s books, and poetry.
As of April 8, 2015, over 70 percent of the memberships to the conference have been sold. Memberships cost from $50 to $60 for adults, and $20 for children. Be sure to purchase your membership and make your hotel reservations as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
Please consult the event website for hotel information, membership purchases, and the event schedule when it becomes available.
Sunday, August 30, 2015 – PORTLAND, OR
Talk by Diana, Q&A session, and Book Signing
to Benefit Portland’s Clay Street Table.
An optional dinner with Diana is sold out.
Tickets are required. See details below.
3:30 p.m. – Doors open for dinner tickets
4:00 p.m. – Buffet Dinner with Diana begins
5:30 p.m. – Doors open – Main Event, Auction
6:45 p.m. – Main event begins
Note: Click on the flyer thumbnail at right to view a larger version. To download the file to a Windows PC, click on the flyer with your <right-mouse> button and choose the option to save the file to disk. If you use a Mac, press and hold the <ctrl> key and click on the image. Scroll down and choose the option to save the image file.
Outlandia – a Northwest Outlander Fan Group
Portland Center Stage (Capacity: 590 persons)
Gerding Theater at the Armory
"An Evening With Diana Gabaldon" is an event that will benefit the Clay Street Table in Portland, Oregon. The main event begins at 6:45 p.m. and includes:
- A 20-minute performance by Highland Dancers
- A 10-minute presentation by the Rev. Dr. Paul Davis, Director of the Clay Street Table.
- A 45-minute "Q&A" session with Diana Gabaldon. Diana will choose from questions submitted to her in advance by the organizers.
- A book signing for all attendees will be held after Diana’s talk, which includes signing one book per person and a photo opportunity with Diana, if you wish. Please bring only ONE book for signing.
- A silent auction of Outlander-related items will be held. Attendees may bid on items from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m., before taking their seats.
Two ticketing options are available:
- The main event, including a Q&A with Diana and book signing, is $55 per person for general admission seats. To purchase these general admission tickets (without the dinner option), click here to buy on Eventbrite.com.
- A second option includes a dinner with Diana, plus entry to the main event, and is $100 per person. (Sorry but the dinner option is sold out.)
Note that you cannot purchase tickets to this event from the venue,’s box office the Portland Center Stage box office.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or the event, contact Lorey Christiansen by email at LCHRIS_US@yahoo.com
About The Clay Street Table
This event will benefit the Clay Street Table in Portland, Oregon, which provides a meals program and food pantry. The program is a major source of food for those experiencing poverty and homelessness in a neighborhood of southwest downtown Portland.
For More Information
- For more information about this event, contact Lorey Christiansen by email at LCHRIS_US@yahoo.com..
- Click to visit Outlandia’s Facebook page for this event. Note that you may need your own Facebook account to access the page.
- For more information about the Clay Street Table, see their website at http://claystreettable.org/. The program needs volunteersaccepts donations directly. Please help Portland-area residents in need!
Sunday, September 27 – FAIRFAX, VA
Fall For The Book Festival
Diana’s Festival Schedule: To Be Announced
George Mason University
Bestselling authors Diana Gabaldon, Ernest J. Gaines, and Tim O’Brien headline the 2015 Fall for the Book Festival from September 27 through October 3, which will welcome more than 150 authors to free, public events at George Mason University and at locations throughout Virginia, D.C., and Maryland.
Internationally bestselling novelist Diana Gabaldon kicks off the full week of events, accepting the 2015 Mason Award on the festival’s opening night, Sunday, September 27, at George Mason’s University’s Fairfax, VA, campus. The Mason Award, sponsored by the Fairfax Library Foundation, celebrates authors who have made an extraordinary contribution to connecting literature to the wide reading public.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Additional appearances by Diana for 2015 will be listed here as soon as they are arranged and confirmed. Thanks!
General Information – Appearances
Please keep the following in mind:
- PLEASE CHECK WITH THE HOSTING ORGANIZATION OR SPONSOR of an appearance or event OFTEN for the latest information, ticketing, venue changes, policies and updates! This list is provided as a convenience and my webmistress works hard to keep it current, but it may not always be perfectly up-to-date.
- If you have questions about an appearance or need more details, please contact the host organization or sponsor listed, not myself or my staff. The hosts or sponsors do the event planning and have all the answers. Thanks!
- Tickets may be free or require a fee which goes to the hosting organization or sponsor. Note that tickets for larger events may sell out very quickly once they become available.
- I am always happy to sign and personalize your books at signing events. However, note that some events and venues may require a book purchase or have a limit on how many books you can bring from home for signing. Please check with the event host or sponsor.
Photo caption, top-right photo: Diana signing a book for a reader at Lady Chamberlain’s Bookshop during the 2012 Arizona Renaissance Festival. Photo by the Webmistress. More photos from this festival.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 6:45 p.m. (PDT) by Diana’s Webmistress.
Please notify Diana’s webmistress, of any new information, omissions or errors about Diana’s appearances on this page. Thanks!