Kick Up Your Kilts!
“Kick up your kilts, Outlander fans,” said Kate Hahn of TV Guide on December 30. “Your dreams have finally come true. Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ronald D. Moore is set to bring the wildly popular fantasy novels by Diana Gabaldon (more than 20 million copies sold!) to life.” As Diana works hard to finish writing the eighth major novel in the Outlander series in time for its release in June, 2014, production of the TV series on location in Scotland went into high gear:
- “First Look: Sparks Fly on Starz’s Outlander,” by Kate Hahn, in a TV Guide preview of the Outlander TV Series on Starz, set to debut some time in 2014. Posted on December 30, 2013.
- In “Outlander: Bits and Pieces,” Erin Conrad of ThreeIfBySpace, a “scifi news and information site,” discusses the Outlander TV Series. The article says that a special Starz fan event in Los Angeles scheduled for January 11, which will feature both Diana Gabaldon and Executive Producer Ron Moore, will be available on the web via live streaming. Also, Ron Moore announced on Twitter that four of the first season’s sixteen episodes are completed and “in the can.” And other news. Posted on December 29, 2013.
- Speak Outlander, Lesson Two: Craigh na Dun. Learn how to “Speak Outlander” with actor Sam Heughan and the Gaelic Expert from the set of the Outlander TV series in Scotland in this Starz video. (Heughan portrays Jamie Fraser in the new Starz Outlander TV series.)Released on December 27, 2013.
- “Outlander Video Has Sam Heughan Giving Us Another Speech Lesson” by Kelly West on Cinemablend.com. A discussion about Sam Heughan’s lessons in Gaelic; Ms. West says, “These ‘Speak Outlander’ lesson videos are starting to remind me of those old Foster’s commercials, except instead of learning ‘how to speak Australian,’ in this case, the language lesson is Scottish and the videos apply to words and phrases relevant to the plot of the upcoming Starz series. They also give us the opportunity to sink comfortably into Jamie Fraser’s accent for a little bit as we wait for this new drama to arrive.” Published on December 27, 2013.
- “Outlander Video Has Sam Heughan Giving Us Another Speech Lesson,” by Kelly West, CinemaBlend.com. An article about actor Sam Heughan’s lesson teaching us how to say “Criagh na Dun,” a phrase used often in the Outlander series. Posted on December 27, 2013.
- Happy Holidays From The Outlander Cast and Crew! A Happy Holidays video was posted by the cast of the Outlander TV series. Click here to see the video. Get a great sneak peek of the actors playing your favorite Outlander characters! Posted on December 25, 2013.
- Battlestar Galactica’s Ron Moore Returns, by Adam Rogers in Wired online. The piece begins, “Writer Ronald Moore has taken television to its most challenging places…” Read about the talented man who was instrumental in bringing the Outlander story to TV, and the previous shows he has worked on.Published on December 17, 2013.
- Outlander Adds British Actor Simon Callow As Its Duke, by Brody Gibson on Boomtron.com. In announcing the latest actor to be added to the series, Gibson says, “I’m growing weary of writing these articles of Outlander — I think it’s time for this series to air already.” Posted on December 9, 2013.
Return to Outlander TV Series News – main page.
This page is maintained by Loretta, with input from Diana, Susan, and Starz. It was last updated on Monday, January 2, 2014 at 10:10 p.m. PDT.