This page provides lists of selected interviews, articles and reviews with Diana. This page was last updated on April 6, 2012.
- The Scottish Prisoner’s Ottawa Connection: Experts in Gaelic helped make Diana Gabaldon’s bestseller speak, an article by Adam Feibel in the Ottawa Citizen. Two Ottawa-based Gaelic linguists ensured the proper translation and phonetics of the portions of the THE SCOTTISH PRISONER that are in Scottish and Irish Gaelic. This article details the contributions of Scottish singer Catherine-Ann MacPhee, who now lives in Ottawa and who helped with the Scottish Gaelic translation in the book, and Ottawa author Kevin Dooley, who put his pen to the Irish segments. March 12, 2012
- Entertainment Weekly (ew.com) posted an exclusive interview with Diana on April 5, 2013, titled “Diana Gabaldon answers burning questions about the next Outlander novel, plus the cover!” By Stephen Lee. Diana discusses this eighth book in the Outlander series, which has eight major story lines. The cover design for the U.S. version of the book was also released.
- “Diana Gabaldon On Her Favorite and Least Favorite Books: the EW Book Quiz!” Interview by Entertainment Weekly (ew.com). By Stephen Lee. Published online in November, 2011.
- Author’s Road Interview: Author Diana Gabaldon discusses with the Authors Road why the writing and scientific process are two sides of the same coin, and her interesting experiences as the creator of a wildly popular series of novels that fall into a dozen genres. December 29, 2011.
- Diana Gabaldon, Author of Addictive Historical Fiction, on Her Own Faves. By Stephen Lee, posted on the Entertainment Weekly web site November 25, 2011. Diana discusses her favorite books, when THE SCOTTISH PRISONER was released.
- Debutante Ball interview: on a group blog for debut authors. December 3, 2011.
- “The Outlander Lady,” by Jean Brittain. Appeared in the May, 2009 issue of Scottish Memories magazine.
Diana Gabaldon by Linda Richards, in January Magazine, 2002. Diana discusses how she promotes her books, and how she writes them.
- Diana Gabaldon by Linda Richards, in January Magazine, June 1999. An interview where Diana discusses how her Outlander series first began, and also discusses the contemporary mystery she is writing.
Barbara’s List of Interviews
Some of the items on this page were contributed by Barbara Schnell, who maintains a parallel list on Diana’s German language site.
This page last updated on May 12, 2013.