The Poisoned Pen is my local independent bookshop. They carry all my books, in all formats (hardcover, trade paperback, mass-market paperback, audiobook, US and UK editions, plus some miscellaneous foreign-language editions), all the time. And the Pen ships anywhere in the world. <g>
I normally go by the store a couple of times a month, both to buy books for reading (it’s a great store; mysteries are their specialty, but they carry a number of other things, and have a specialty in signed first editions, too), and to sign my own books that people have ordered.
August 2014 Special Orders
Sometimes the Pen has pre-autographed copies of my books ready for immediate shipment, such as when a new title is released.
If they don’t have a signed copy available, or if you want a book both autographed and inscribed with a special dedication, I am happy to customize your book(s) ordered from the Pen the next time I am in the store. The Pen will then promptly ship your order after I have signed/inscribed it.
This summer, my schedule is very busy due to the release of WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD ("MOBY") and the new Outlander TV series, but you may still order that special autographed and inscribed copy of MOBY or my other books for a special gift. Or for yourself! For the month of August, I will be signing and adding custom inscriptions for the Pen’s orders on August 5 and August 30, 2014. Please order your books on-line, by phone or at the store before those dates to be included in those signings. (Sorry, but these signings are for orders only and I will not be able to meet with the public.)
Note that to inscribe or adding an inscription means that I add a short custom dedication such as "To Judy!", or "Happy Birthday, William!" or other special message that you’d like as well as my signature (autograph).
How To Order Signed/Inscribed Books
To order an autographed (or autographed and inscribed) book from the Poisoned Pen:
- Easiest way: Click here to access a list of all of my books in stock at the Poisoned Pen, including WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD, which was released in the U.S.A. and Canada on June 10, 2014. If it is not in stock, the Pen does custom orders, too!
- Go to the Poisoned Pen’s store website, and enter “Gabaldon” in the site’s search feature to find the book you would like. Or…
- On my web site, each of my books has its own page, including a description, links to excerpts, other information, and an option to order signed copies in the purchasing pull-down menus. Use the BOOKS pull-down menu on my web pages (www.dianagabaldon.com/books).
Then be sure to let the Poisoned Pen know how you’d like the book(s) signed (detailed how-to instructions for doing this during on-line checkout are below), and I’ll take care of it next time I’m in the store. Note that I’m always very happy to add a short personal inscription, such as “Happy Birthday, Jill!”
If you have any problems, contact The Poisoned Pen by email. Or call them at (888) 560-9919 toll free or at (480) 947-2974. (Full contact information is below.)
How To Order Autographed and Personalized Books
When placing an online order from the Poisoned Pen, don’t forget to specify that you want the book signed and specify any desired personal inscriptions in the Instructions field (a text entry box in their checkout order form), which doesn’t show up until you go through the shopping cart check-out procedure. Follow these steps:
- After adding all desired items to your shopping cart, click on the Proceed to Checkout or Checkout Now button, which has an image of a tiny shopping cart on it.
- Select your delivery preference by clicking on ship or pick up at the store for those in the Phoenix, Arizona area).
- The Instructions text entry box will now appear in the optional Additional Information section under your shipping address. Please be sure to specify which book(s) are to be signed and inscribed and the desired text for each book. The Instructions box is shown below:
For example, if you ordered two copies of WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD and one of OUTLANDER, here is what you might add to the Instructions text box shown above:
In one copy of MOBY, please inscribe with “To Andrea! Enjoy your trip to Scotland!”
In the second copy of MOBY, please inscribe with “To Phillip. Happy 30th Birthday!”
In the copy of OUTLANDER, please inscribe with “To Judy!”
The point is to please make your instructions clear enough that I know what to write in each book that you have ordered. Thanks so much!
Note that if you have a problem specifying your instructions, send an email or call the friendly folks at the Pen, and they will help you!
Contact Information For The Poisoned Pen
The bookstore’s physical contact information:
The Poisoned Pen
4014 N Goldwater Blvd. Suite 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Photo credit: At the top of the page, Diana signs pre-ordered copies of WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD at the Poisoned Pen in June, 2014. Photo courtesy of Barbara Peters.
This page was last updated on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 4:05 p.m. (PDT).