I’m as fascinated by y’all’s responses to my bookshelves as y’all are by the books, etc. [g] It seems to be about 20:1 in terms of “OMG, this looks just like my shelves!/I love it!” vs. “What a mess!/How can you FIND anything!/Let me come and organize that for you!” I appreciate both schools of thought—and my sincere thanks to the kind souls who think I would do better (in some undefined way), if my books were alphabetized, sorted by color, arranged by height, or generally tidied into a visually pleasing (to them) formation that has nothing to do with what’s actually _in_ the books. Now, putting aside any of my private opinions regarding the psychology that causes people to value Tidiness Uber Alles, tidiness _qua_ tidiness has two possible aspects that recommend it as a virtue: aesthetics and/or function. As to aesthetics, I’ll just note that there are people who like Gustav Klimt and there are people who like Mondrian, and leave it at that. [g] Aesthetics rests on […]
Follow Diana Online
For videos, visit my YouTube page.An RSS feed is available for web page updates, too. (Icons are below.)
I can also be found most of the time on the Compuserve Books and Writers Community. When you enter the page, you’ll see to the left a list of folders on different aspects of reading and writing. Click on the “Diana Gabaldon” folder for discussions of my books, writing habits, etc.— but do feel free to explore the other folders, too!
The Latest From Twitter
Recent Blog Posts
- 26 Years Ago Today… 01:24 PM Mar 6 2014
- CANADIAN TOUR DATES FOR WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD 10:34 PM Feb 27 2014
- OUTLANDER_Starz – First Look OUTLANDER (tv) Trailer! 01:40 AM Jan 16 2014
- AND A VERY HAPPY HOGMANAY to all of you! 10:43 AM Jan 1 2014
- THE FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT 01:48 AM Dec 23 2013
- The THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT 09:46 PM Dec 15 2013
- Diana on Welcome to the New Website!
- penny callaway on OUTLANDER_Starz - First Look OUTLANDER (tv) Trailer!
- Kim on Publication Date Change - Sorry About This...
- Suzanne Fisher on WELL, ALRIGHTY THEN! WE HAVE A NEW PUB DATE!
- Beth on WELL, ALRIGHTY THEN! WE HAVE A NEW PUB DATE!