Listed below are the upcoming events where I will be making public appearances and signing books. A happy time now as we enter the fall and winter, with cooler weather (especially nice for those of us roasted in the summer) and the promise of the holidays.
Both in-person and virtual events that I plan to participate in are listed below by month, date and city. My webmistress has included essential details, descriptions and information. Be sure to visit the listed event host websites for current information and updates.
This webpage is updated as new events are added, so please check back periodically.
If you have questions about—or problems with—obtaining tickets for an event, please contact the listed host organization of the event first. All ticket sales are handled by event organizers and their ticket brokers.
No official appearances confirmed at this time.
No official appearances confirmed at this time.
February 1-3, 2023 (Wed.-Fri.) – RANCHO MIRAGE, CA
Diana Gabaldon will be a featured author at the 2023 Rancho Mirage Writers Festival, described as “Coachella for the brain.”
Paid ticket to the festival required.
(Sold out as of June, 2022. See below for wait list information.)
Rancho Mirage Writers Festival
Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory
71-100 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Diana Gabaldon will be an author guest at the 2023 Rancho Mirage Writers Festival, along with a prestigious, high-powered array of journalists, fiction authors, historians, politicians, science authors, celebrities and others. See the list of authors and experts attending in 2023.
This is a festival that showcases authors in talks, panel discussions, etc. It was created for the enjoyment of readers, so they may hear their favorite authors, journalists, and other professionals speak in person. (This is not a festival designed for aspiring authors, as some might think the title implies.)
Wait List For Tickets:
The festival, originally planned for 2020, had to be delayed and rescheduled to 2023 due to the pandemic. Although tickets were sold out in 2020, interested persons may request to be on a wait list to assume the tickets of those who may wish to cancel. All-access passes were originally sold for $500 per person.
Interested parties may send a message asking to be added to the wait list using this online form:
Tickets may be available for those who wish to become a new major financial supporter of the festival.
From the Festival’s Website:
“The Rancho Mirage Writers Festival is a world-class gathering of the finest writers who contribute to the intellectual vitality of our time. The City of Rancho Mirage, California, welcomes 60 authors and 1,000 readers from around the globe to the Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory each January (February in 2023). Jamie Kabler, who wanted to bring a premier intellectual event to the Coachella Valley, founded the Festival in 2014, which has been described as ‘Coachella for the brain.’”
You may sign up to receive email updates about this year’s and future Rancho Mirage Writers Festivals at:
General Information – Appearances
Please keep the following in mind:
- If tickets are required for an event, they may be free or require a fee which goes to the hosting organization or sponsor. Tickets for ALL events featuring Diana usually sell out very quickly once they become available.
- Sometimes Diana’s Webmistress doesn’t receive information and details about events in a timely manner, and can’t post what she doesn’t have. Event hosts featuring Diana are strongly encouraged to notify Diana’s Webmistress when they post an event with Diana, and also dates when tickets will go on sale so that readers will be kept informed.
- PLEASE CHECK WITH THE HOSTING ORGANIZATION OR SPONSOR of an appearance or event OFTEN for the latest information, ticketing, venue changes, policies and updates! This list is provided as a convenience and my webmistress works hard to keep it current, but it may not always be perfectly up-to-date.
- If you have questions about an appearance or need more details, please contact the host organization or sponsor listed, not myself or my staff. The hosts or sponsors do the event planning and have all the answers. Thanks!
- Diana is always happy to sign and personalize your books at signing events as time allows. However, note that some events and venues may require a book purchase or have a limit on how many books you can bring from home for signing. Please check with the event host or sponsor if details are not listed on this webpage.
If you have questions or problems when purchasing tickets, PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT’S LISTED VENUE OR HOST ORGANIZATION directly.
If you know of an event that Diana has confirmed she will attend that is not on this list, please let Diana’s Webmistress know.
This page was last updated on Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 2:50 a.m. (Central Time) by Diana Gabaldon or Diana’s Webmistress, Loretta.